Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

Tk-Paras wrote:
goin-para- wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote: smart set civvie clothes
jacket/coat
casual civvie clothes for evening
several pairs underwear & socks
thick pair of boot socks
running shoes/trainers
3 pt tops & shorts
trakkie top
shaving gel & razor
tooth brush & paste
large towel
flip flops
shower gel
deodorant
2 strong padlocks (key type)
phone mp3 player etc.

That's everything on mine mate.

Would be good if we pass and could get onto september intake innit!
aye mate a hope a do pass .. even better if ya get a spot for september sooner the better for me mate a think am ready! but not to there standard if ya get into the reg haha gettin thrashed every day KAAAAAAAAAAM AAAAAAAAAAAN lol
Haha innit mate. How old are you btw? I can't wait till Tuesday man, I
buzzin about it. What you got down for your 2nd choice fella?
am 20 buddy wot about ur-self ?? ken am buzzin about tue but same time scared about fukin up sum where lol.. they have never ask me about ma second choice a just said para all the time lol wots urs ?????
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

I'm 19 mate, my 2nd choice is Royal Irish but hopefully won't need to worry about that innit. It's PARAS all the way for me aswell mate, how many pressups, situps & heaves can you do mate?
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

Tk-Paras wrote:I'm 19 mate, my 2nd choice is Royal Irish but hopefully won't need to worry about that innit. It's PARAS all the way for me aswell mate, how many pressups, situps & heaves can you do mate?
heaves a can do 13 and push ups 60+ and sit ups just about the same tell ya the truth no realy been doin much sit-ups wot about ur-self mucker ?? aye royal irish good reg mate think av got ma mind on PARAS m8
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

goin-para- wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote:I'm 19 mate, my 2nd choice is Royal Irish but hopefully won't need to worry about that innit. It's PARAS all the way for me aswell mate, how many pressups, situps & heaves can you do mate?
heaves a can do 13 and push ups 60+ and sit ups just about the same tell ya the truth no realy been doin much sit-ups wot about ur-self mucker ?? aye royal irish good reg mate think av got ma mind on PARAS m8
Can do 16 heaves and about the same as you on pushups & situps. Did your mate pass that you were sayin done PRAC? Do you know how hilly the 1.5 best effort is aswell?
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

Tk-Paras wrote:
goin-para- wrote:
Can do 16 heaves and about the same as you on pushups & situps. Did your mate pass that you were sayin done PRAC? Do you know how hilly the 1.5 best effort is aswell?
aye he past buddy he said the run wasnt that bad but it was kinda hard lol and there was a few monster hills he says that fuks ya big time.. but he siad there was a boy who came first on all races and still failed.. was just up gettin ma train tickets for tuesday and the boy said 3.5 miles is 9mins/mile
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

goin-para- wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote:
goin-para- wrote: heaves a can do 13 and push ups 60+ and sit ups just about the same tell ya the truth no realy been doin much sit-ups wot about ur-self mucker ?? aye royal irish good reg mate think av got ma mind on PARAS m8
aye he past buddy he said the run wasnt that bad but it was kinda hard lol and there was a few monster hills he says that fuks ya big time.. but he siad there was a boy who came first on all races and still failed.. was just up gettin ma train tickets for tuesday and the boy said 3.5 miles is 9mins/mile
fukkin hell he still failed and came first in the races, did he f@#k up on the pressups & heaves etc? Yeah, I heard it was a 9min mile from my afco, I've been practising it at a 6-7min mile though just in case. Is your mate on the sept intake then?
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

Tk-Paras wrote:
goin-para- wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote: Can do 16 heaves and about the same as you on pushups & situps. Did your mate pass that you were sayin done PRAC? Do you know how hilly the 1.5 best effort is aswell?
fukkin hell he still failed and came first in the races, did he f@#k up on the pressups & heaves etc? Yeah, I heard it was a 9min mile from my afco, I've been practising it at a 6-7min mile though just in case. Is your mate on the sept intake then?
no he done well in the push ups and that it was his overall attitude he thought he was all ready in.. sayin how easy it was and that....
yeah he his in the september mate.... doin it at 6-7 mins a mile haha fuk that a could never do that mate lol am actualy shittin ma-self with the run mate every-thing eles am sound about !
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Whoever is telling you lot its 9min miles is LYING
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

goin-para- wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote:
goin-para- wrote: aye he past buddy he said the run wasnt that bad but it was kinda hard lol and there was a few monster hills he says that fuks ya big time.. but he siad there was a boy who came first on all races and still failed.. was just up gettin ma train tickets for tuesday and the boy said 3.5 miles is 9mins/mile
no he done well in the push ups and that it was his overall attitude he thought he was all ready in.. sayin how easy it was and that....
yeah he his in the september mate.... doin it at 6-7 mins a mile haha fuk that a could never do that mate lol am actualy shittin ma-self with the run mate every-thing eles am sound about !
That's it mate, he must of been proper cocky and full of himself. All we can do is go up there and try our best and keep our fingers x'd that we are chosen. I'll be devastated if I ain't, it's all I wanna do and the only reg I've really got my heart set on. Bet it's the same for everyone that's going up there aswell innit. Same 4 u ?
Tk-Paras

Post by Tk-Paras »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:Whoever is telling you lot its 9min miles is LYING
Is it 7 ? I've been practicing at 6-7 for the warmup. I was also told that 9:30 is the pass mark?
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

Tk-Paras wrote:
Is it 7 ? I've been practicing at 6-7 for the warmup. I was also told that 9:30 is the pass mark?
fuuuk a dini think a can handle 9 and under a mile lol no joke

aue paras or nothin for me mate
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Hope you two lads are goning to stay out the pub this weekend...! :D

Don't worry yourselves about the times of the runs and stuff, keep up with the PTI when you need to then just give your best effort on the 1.5 mile part.

Be good if you pass and get on the October intake boys! 8)
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Tk-Paras wrote:
7 min miles will be the slowest it will be, some courses no one can keep up with the pti and yes 9:30 is the pass mark and again i have seen a course where no one has come under 9:30
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

gpw2009 wrote:Hope you two lads are goning to stay out the pub this weekend...! :D

Don't worry yourselves about the times of the runs and stuff, keep up with the PTI when you need to then just give your best effort on the 1.5 mile part.

Be good if you pass and get on the October intake boys! 8)
happenin mucker you goin in the PARACHUTE REGIMENT mucker ?

a got told if a do well it maybe a septermeber intake cause there still spaces but october will be SOOOOOOOOUND ! lol
goin-para-

Post by goin-para- »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:
Tk-Paras wrote:
7 min miles will be the slowest it will be, some courses no one can keep up with the pti and yes 9:30 is the pass mark and again i have seen a course where no one has come under 9:30
sany the governer who are you no being cheeky mate.

you said you have seen COURSES ??? how many courses you done like ?????