Share This Page:

Para application Mark II....

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

No worries, just gotta cut down on the booze an fags now, still run 4 times a week but tonight will be 5 nights in a row on the piss, so i think it's time to knock that one on the head as of monday!!
Hows your training and things going, you able to fit it around work?
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Know what you mean mate, had my last session yesterday! 3 weeks until my ADSC, so going to get focused on that now. 8)

Training is going well too. Running between 5 and 7 miles 4 times week, and then doing a 1.5 miler. Ran it in 8.48 the other day so happy with that. Doing that 100 press up and 200 sit up thing too, which is quite good by the way!

It isn't to bad with work, but can be a pain when your shattered and just want to sit down infront of the tv! :D

Hows yours going?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

yeah, i only work 4 hours a night at the moment, so i have all day to do what i want, so training is pretty good. Does the 100 press up thing supposed get you to 100 without a break or just 100 in one session, at the moment i do 100 but i do 30-25-20-15-10 with a 15 sec break between each set and the same with sit ups, but use my chin up bar at the bottom of the door frame to hook my feet under. Jus got a free gym pass for 7 days so will be making use of that this week.

Adsc will be a nice couple of days off work for you!!.. the only thing i'm not looking forward to is the indoor team tasks where the pti's get you to clap and cheer for people, it seriouly makes me cringe, you do your shuttle run thing or whatver it is and you get back to the bench and the guy in front knows he's being watched by the pti and is like "well done mate good effort, you did really well" or something whilst trying to pat you on the back, and i'm just thinking fuk off, i've never met you before i dont give a fuk if you pass selection and i'm never going o see you again, shut up, turn around and stop trying to fukin touch me!!

But then again i'm a right cuñt lol
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

_Mark_ wrote:the only thing i'm not looking forward to is the indoor team tasks where the pti's get you to clap and cheer for people,
i hated the team tasks outside the most, my team were ALL jamaican, i have nothing against them but jesus i couldn't understand a word they were saying, kind of off puting when your being tested.

for my situps i discovered doing them every time theres a break wi'll watching tv continusly till the breaks over is a good way to improve, my best is 133, i also do this with leg raises which is always fun!
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

_Mark_ wrote:i'm just thinking fuk off, i've never met you before i dont give a fuk if you pass selection and i'm never going o see you again, shut up, turn around and stop trying to fukin touch me!!

But then again i'm a right cuñt lol
I like it mate! :lol: :lol:

You can kind of see why they do it, but it is hard to get your head around. It's not like when you get to depot and you are with your section, and you know you might be with some of those lads for 6 months of training and even beyond that!

Think the 100 press up thing is designed so you can smash out 100 in one go! Same with the sit up one too.

paraprep1: good idea mate, don't watch much tv though, maybe every time i take a piss or something I could do some? :D (which is quite often the amount of water i'm throwing down my neck! :o )

gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Well I got my rail warrent and my insructions for ADSC yesterday, roll on monday.

Am I the only one on here going to Litchfield on monday? :-?

Got to get this thing smashed, then on to PRAC and back to the lovely world of Catterick! Happy Days! :o

gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Done and dusted with ADSC. Passed today, now just got to find out if I have to get on the PRAC or straight off to Catterick. 8)

Nothing much has changed up there, and it is not as bad as you may think for anyone who is on the way there! :D

gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Just done my Oath today. Has really kicked in that I'm nearly there and back in basic training! Just a quick reminder to evryone in the process now, it may seem a million miles off, but just try and be patient. Just keep training and do exactly what your recruiter asks and IT WILL COME!

Roll on the 18th October! 8)

Tab

Post by Tab »

Good luck to you chum and i hope it all works out for you okay
ParaToBe

Post by ParaToBe »

Well done mate, hopefully ill be in your position in a couple of years :D....Congratulations bet your well chuffed 8)
IT WILL COME!

81 press ups in 2minutes.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Cheers lads, yeah well chuffed, just want to get there and get stuck in!

ParaToBe: If you work hard enough and want it enough then its there for the taking. Good fitness and a good attitude and your sound! 8)

bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

Great news mate, hope everything goes right for you this time.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

bored_stupid wrote:Great news mate, hope everything goes right for you this time.
Cheers mucker. Feeling alot stronger and fitter than last time so should be ok! Got to sort out my kit list and was wondering if I could PM you with a few last minute questions? :wink:

ever1878

prac

Post by ever1878 »

i'm going to prac on the 13th october hopefully if i pass i can make the 1st november intake. run time at selection was 8:47. want to get it done with
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

gpw2009 wrote:Just done my Oath today. Has really kicked in that I'm nearly there and back in basic training! Just a quick reminder to evryone in the process now, it may seem a million miles off, but just try and be patient. Just keep training and do exactly what your recruiter asks and IT WILL COME!

Roll on the 18th October! 8)
see you in the scoff house with your c@#t cap buddy :D !