Share This Page:

Para application Mark II....

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
adambatley

Post by adambatley »

gpw2009 wrote:Finally got my medical forms back off the doctors, think they got sick of me pestering in the end! I know it sounds stupid but I really think you have to do that. Read so many post on here about blokes in the same position, just waiting! It took me 4 phone calls and 3 visits to the surgery, and on the last call they said it would be waiting for me the following day, after I had 'politely' explained that it was holding up my application! :D

ADSC here we come............!! :P
When I did my written medical I just booked a 30 minute appiontment with the GP and he filled them in there and then and gave them straight back to me. Has nobody else done this?
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Basic Skills Test - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Did try that one mate, but they wouldn't have it..... I know some will do though, guess you were just lucky! :wink:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
adambatley

Post by adambatley »

gpw2009 wrote:Did try that one mate, but they wouldn't have it..... I know some will do though, guess you were just lucky! :wink:
Yeah I must have been, when i phoned up and said i needed my forms filling in they actually suggested the 30 minute appointment.
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Basic Skills Test - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Finally got my date through for ADSC!!!! 6th of July at Litchfield. :D

Anyone else going on that date, let me know. Got more good news too. Don't have to do any of the medical part, just the run etc. Some new change in policy or something. :-?

So thats one (small) hurdle out the way already! Can't wait! :P

For the record, it states on my confirmation letter, the run time is 9.18 (Para obviously). Know there have been a few different times bounding around on here!

It does take time, but you will get there in the end! 8)

J4M13

Post by J4M13 »

So when will you be taking a medical? Is this a change that affects everyone now on adsc?
just_me

Post by just_me »

I think it's just for re-enlisters/joiners as I have my ADSC soon and my medical will be done over there.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

just_me wrote:I think it's just for re-enlisters/joiners as I have my ADSC soon and my medical will be done over there.
Think it is just re-joiners mate! Not totally sure of how it works! :o

_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

argh you lucky bastard, i've had to phone pirbright 3 times just to get them to send out a letter that should have been sent months ago. Apparently it was sent out last wednesday, but neither my gp or the careers office have recieved it yet. I'll give it a few more days an if nothing materialises i'm gonna consider becoming an assassin, my first target the pirbright smo's!! Weren't you waiting on irrelivent medical stuff too?? Did the smo request further info from your civvy doc?? If so how long ago did your doc send it off??
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

_Mark_ wrote:argh you lucky bastard, i've had to phone pirbright 3 times just to get them to send out a letter that should have been sent months ago. Apparently it was sent out last wednesday, but neither my gp or the careers office have recieved it yet. I'll give it a few more days an if nothing materialises i'm gonna consider becoming an assassin, my first target the pirbright smo's!! Weren't you waiting on irrelivent medical stuff too?? Did the smo request further info from your civvy doc?? If so how long ago did your doc send it off??
I gave my medical stuff to my recruiter and he sent it all off. Didn't have to send any extra stuff either. They have passed me fit at thier end, not sure how all that stuff works, but only got to do the physical side of ADSC.

My recruiter is Para Reg, and a pretty sound bloke so not sure if he pulled some strings for me.

Know it's a pain in the balls mucker, but you should get there soon, pretty sure I won't make Depot until August, so your stuff should be all done by then! :D

_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

I got the letters from my recruiter today, my gp is the one to blame!!
I've spoken to her today and she made a mistake on the initilal form: Apparently i have a mental health issue!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bad-words:
Ok I can see a funny side to it all but it's added an extra 3 months onto my application so far!!! At least it should be sorted over the next week or so (i hope) You said you dont have to do the medical, last time they had the ice-breaker after the medical, we'll probably have to sit in that room while the medicals are being done, getting grilled by the nco's!!!!
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

_Mark_ wrote: we'll probably have to sit in that room while the medicals are being done, getting grilled by the nco's!!!!
Or make brews and do random jobs! :D

Glad all your paperwork is getting sorted mate. Had my final interview yesterday, all done and dusted now, just got to get ADSC out the way now, then PRAC. My recruiter is still not sure if I have to do that, but wouldn't mind a crack at it, don't want to skip any of the phys side of things!

_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

Should get a date in 3 weeks, gp sent a letter off on monday saying she'd cocked it up an i'm not mental (not officialy anyway :wink: )
Should be back within 2-3 months tops. Fank THuck for that!!!
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

_Mark_ wrote:Should get a date in 3 weeks, gp sent a letter off on monday saying she'd cocked it up an i'm not mental (not officialy anyway :wink: )
Should be back within 2-3 months tops. Fank THuck for that!!!
Glad they finally got their act together mate. Good job you persued it or you would have never bloody got in! :roll:

Where would you go for your selection mucker?

_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

gpw2009 wrote:Where would you go for your selection mucker?
Pirbright
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

_Mark_ wrote:
gpw2009 wrote:Where would you go for your selection mucker?
Pirbright
I really am a mong! Should look back at previous posts! Sorry mucker! :oops: