Share This Page:

Laser Eye Treatment - Who's Had It?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
jonno2006

Laser Eye Treatment - Who's Had It?

Post by jonno2006 »

Evening guys,

Quick bit about myself... joined up with 951 Troop a year ago, got to week 15, things weren't working out for me, left CTC and have regretted it since.
Now, I'm dead set on re-joining but I've got too much of a cracking job to throw away just yet so considering I scraped through the eye exam first time round and had to wear contacts during training (effing nightmare) I want to get laser eye treatment. I've had the consultation and am able to get any type of treatment I want, but have been told by both the eye clinic and the AFCO that I'll need the top level of treatment for re-entry into the marines. So my question is - is there anyone here that has had the surgery and been accepted? Any help/info/advice what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,

Jonno.
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

You can have it and get accepted depending on what type it is, cant remember what off the top of me head. Hoping to have it soon as well before I rejoin. Have to wait a year after having it before you can reapply though (and with my pay it could take some time). Good luck with it.
"The only time you should start worrying about a soldier is when they stop bitchin'."
Congrats 946Trp
Ty

Post by Ty »

I have had the LASIK done. Best thing ever mate. It will be a year this December then I can apply.
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing
LostandFound

Post by LostandFound »

Jonners mate, its good to hear from you. I'm a fellow 951 trooper myself. If you are who I think you are, you were in the pit next to me in foundation.

PM on the way.....
BENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCH!!!!!!!!
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Alright mate,

How about an other angle, have you thought about the RMR? If your loving,or making too much cashm in your civvy job it could be an option?
Wont solve your question but you did say you passed the eye tests last time, all be it only just, a pass is a pass.Im not sure what the options might be once you had finished training, you may well be able to get the treatment after? Might be worth you enquiring, but i appreciate it may be something you want to get sorted before hand. Just make sure you get ALL the CORRECT info from the AFCO AND medical experts.

dwarfy,