Share This Page:

Taking additional kit to RT

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
fo0q

Taking additional kit to RT

Post by fo0q »

Hello.. I'm starting RT soon and obviously I've read all the sticky posts but I just have one concern about the additional kit lists posted.
I know most training teams are different so theres no definite answer but I wondered if most lads that have recently started RT took additional stuff down with them that was recommended through here.

Looking at this post on PRMC.co.uk http://www.prmc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=690 regarding stuff like bivi poles, tent pegs, oil bottle, bungess, elastic, paracord and housewife. there's also stuff on here recommended buying for the first Ex.

I don't want to turn up with all the kit under the sun and coming across as a smart arse. Would just like some advice and be on the safe side.

Cheers
PRMC - 8th May
RT - 14th January
HybridWarrior

Post by HybridWarrior »

I reckon you should just take it all mate. Keep it in your foot locker if you don't need it don't take it out, if you do then your set! Nothing wrong with over preparing.
ofens

Post by ofens »

I second that HybridWarrior, I'm taking a few things recommended on various threads here.

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it... if you see what I mean :wink:
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
marcus2007

Post by marcus2007 »

I'm taking a maglight with me thats all. I'll just get the extras when we get sent ashore.
Week 6 of RM Training (7/1/2008)

956 Troop

Think of the worst, hope for the best...