Share This Page:

Commando: On The Front Line; Episode 1 (Discuss)

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Illustrious

Commando: On The Front Line; Episode 1 (Discuss)

Post by Illustrious »

Honestly, I loved it, Recruit Williams looks like he's going to be a bag of laughs later on.

Very disappointed in Jon for wanting to wrap it in so early though.

What are your views on the documentary so far lads?
edd91

Post by edd91 »

As i said in the other post its all good so far, but i don't like that jon guy, but hey thats me, its all lookin good though :wink:
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

Thought it was good. I'm now more eager to start getting up at 5 in the morning anyway. Now all I need to do is find someone with a tele at uni.

That major (the one with the dog) was on a program about the mountain leaders on discovery a few years back. Sound fella.
azard9330

Post by azard9330 »

i loved that john bloke when he started crying was well funny seems like a good guy aswell looks a realy good series can't wait till i get there but foundation does look crap though funny but crap.
psychometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview- passed
medical- passed
pjft- passed
prmc- passed
rt- 5th of november
jay999

Post by jay999 »

Looks good. It sounds as if all of those that pass go to Afghan? Doesn't seem right to me surely they wouldn't have all been drafted to just 2 cdo's?
Jonse

Post by Jonse »

Has it shows its hard and people do leave early! least Rct Jon hasnt left yet and is still hanging in there!
953 TP
jarhead

Post by jarhead »

i was told you spend 2 years in "non -combact" zones before going off to middle east, to get better pratice, i was told they probaly send you to NI then get pratice on patrols ect before deployment.
paddlequack

Post by paddlequack »

lol was so funny when the corporal just whopped it out on tele at 9pm!!!!! i was in stitches!!
That recruit who couldn't stop smiling is a bloke who will definitely persevere and would love to have in my troop when i go in!
mark-b

Post by mark-b »

i was in 922 troop and lived in the same grots as these lads for 14 weeks, i was injured after 18 weeks thats why i left. i think this documentory is a good insight into training but i still dont think viewers will understand how tough it is at ctc but good luck to all the lads who are joining, i will be allowed to rejoin september 2008 and even though il be startin from the beginning it will be well worth it.
tkdvipers

Post by tkdvipers »

I liked those training tops they had. I never got one of them.

They seemed to have a very good training team, not that I've met a bad one yet. What I think will be an important point for anybody joining to take from this is to watch the training team behind the scenes. When your training you start believing the training team when they tell you with stuff like "your the worst on camp" and "no one is impressing me yet".
Obviously its a way of mentally breaking you down and it does work, we can all watch this sat in our chair and think to ourselves "it wouldn't break or affect me" but it will and it does.
Its nice to see the team talking with a bit of compassion about their troop, when you get there for the first 15 weeks at least you'll probably think your training team just enjoy shouting "arms bend, and stretch", but this programme should highlightshows process's and techniques they use to make you strong.
So when you are down there remember that they do care and its they job to get you threaders.
Last edited by tkdvipers on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=150][color=green][u]BLUEPETER PRMC VIDEOS HERE > [url=http://training-perseverence.blogspot.com]PRMC VIDEOS[/url][/u][/color][/size]

PRMC - 07/09/08
Chas

Post by Chas »

An interesting start to the series. Fantastic living conditions!
Oh a so very gentle induction in comparison to my day! Also
glad that the mud run has been reinstituted. When I was a
Rct at ITCRM now CTC it was a hutted camp ! No doubt the
end product will be anyway just as good. :lol: I do however
enjoy watching all the suffering and it will definitely get worse.
Chas. A grumpy, sadistic, miserable old curmudgeon. :evil:
RMV202910- 1956 !
RM., Colonial Police & Queen's Regt HSF.
Ste Preece

Inspiring

Post by Ste Preece »

I watched the programme with interest and I must admit, I admired the guy who said it wasn't for him and left. He seemed honest and sincere. He also wished all the guys who wanted to be bootnecks all the very best.

And truly it isn't for everyone, but if you feel its for you, then you give it your all.

One of the instructors mentioned that the way ahead was going to be difficult, that's for sure. But he also said the life style at the end of it is great as are the second to none friends you will make on the way. All of these are very true statements.

The coming weeks will inspire some of you guys as you watch these young men undergo the rigorous physical and mental demands to become a Royal Marine Commando.

All the very best

Steve
Steven Preece
Author of:
Amongst The Marines
Always A Marine
Wasted Resource
Mr_Kiwi

Post by Mr_Kiwi »

my aunt, uncle and cousins watched it with me and my 14yr old cousin saw the mud run and goes 'wow that looks like so much fun!'
I laughed...
'Peace is to important to be left to politicians'
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

Anyone know if/when this is repeated?
Aways look on the bright side of life.
tkdvipers

Post by tkdvipers »

ali_hire wrote:Anyone know if/when this is repeated?
I'll see if I can bang it up online mate. At work at the moment but when i'm home I'll try and get it sorted. It may already be on you tube or google vid.
[size=150][color=green][u]BLUEPETER PRMC VIDEOS HERE > [url=http://training-perseverence.blogspot.com]PRMC VIDEOS[/url][/u][/color][/size]

PRMC - 07/09/08