Share This Page:

Post your 3 miler times

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

edd91 wrote:I don't know what my 3 miler is, I'll have to run one some time, it's just because I live 4 miles from work so that's what I run, but that is 28 mins. Don't know weather this is good or bad but it will do for now, till tomorrow 8) :lol:
Running to and from work is a good way of fitting your training into your daily life, I did it myself for a bit last year.

The only problem I found was putting my still wet running clothes on again when it was time to run home again.....
lodge939

Post by lodge939 »

Feb 02 wrote:I havent ran just 3 miles for some time, but done just over with a 5k which is 3.1 miles a few weeks back in 16.36, should be able to get under 16 for 3 miles though!.
**** me.
MadAd

Post by MadAd »

It's a bit like asking blokes how big their willy is when aroused. As in pointless and don't count for sweet fa come the real world.
Just because you've got a small one!

I've said it before, the terrain makes a huge difference to the run, whether it's all uphill, all flat or a bit of both, no one persons run is going to be the same as someone else's.
MadAd

Post by MadAd »

But if you really must know I ran a 3 miler with a lot of hills in 21:30 pb. Same terrain for my 4 miler in 28.30.
hardcorps

Post by hardcorps »

Hey, my 3 mile PB is 20.59, I have an aquiant day on Wednesday 16th January, I can't wait. I find I run faster when running with/against someone else.

hardcorps

Aptitude test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: 9.40
Eye Exam: Passed
Aquiant Day: 16 Jan
PRMC: TBA
RT: TBA
Jcooke

Post by Jcooke »

Been following the online training guide to the letter for a little over 5 weeks, I couldn’t help but start ASAP, so I started on a Thursday and counted it as “pre Pre PRMC” training, did a three miler this morning as I usually run just over 4 miles twice a week with one longer run at the weekend, but have never really timed myself accurately and I must admit I was worried about how my time would be on the three miler, but I was so chuffed with myself and I did the whole thing in 19:42! But after reading some of these posts I didn’t run the first one at the 12:30 pace and then see my speed for the second one that was going all out. I don’t know if I can practice that 12:30 pace though, has anyone got any suggestions on how I could try? Also the terrain was good, pavement and road, double loop of a 2.6k route, so just over 5k in total, and has long gradual hills

Also the lad who did the obstacle course in 2:58 is amazing! Did it include the Tarzan section? I did the bottom field on a look at life in the Marines course and I know that pisses all over my time by a long way!
adamb

Post by adamb »

I always seem to tire after my first 1.5 if i run at a faster pace, i can comfortably run at an 9min mile pace but thats super slow, my best 3mile i thinks 25:06 :oops: .
jarhead

Post by jarhead »

Nought meant to be nasty about this thread people but.......Who fecking cares really? The only time thats going to count is when you are at CTCRM sweating your balls off as to whether you have passed the 3 miler.
his got a point.

to be honest, i got a pretty hilly route and i got 22:40 which personally i know is probally about 60% of what i can give, though at the time it felt a lot more.

I think a good idea be not to post 3 miler times sinse no offence to people it only going to dishearten people or put people off and make them think "his doing it in 19mins and it takes me 23 i got no chance"

i think maybe idea to change it into, how can i improve my 3 miler time,where people who getting these 17 and sub 21 mins times can give advise and helpe others like myself who arent good runners to improve and get better.

i know i not a great runner but i also know im a very good swimmer, though theres no 3 miler swim in the prmc sadly :P

thats my thoughts though i probally wrong.
Nealbei

Post by Nealbei »

I measured my route the car, its only 2.4 mile but i can do it in 15 minutes. Afew hills
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Run times are irrelevant in many ways guys, if your sent down to CTC for your PRMC then its because you have the fitness to pass. The rest is going to be down to how much you want to pass the course.

Simple facts are that people with 'worse' run times may pass the course through determination and others with 'better' run times will wrap on the bottom field and fail as that will test everyone regardless of their 3 miler times.

Unless your a phys biff, you can pass the course with guts and effort. At the same time you could be superman but fail it through having no determination.
ofens

Post by ofens »

Yep that makes a lot of sense really, run times are good for you to monitor your own progress,
but in training when the PTIs tell you how fast you need to go, you have find a way to do it!
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

19.26 for me.
steady09

Post by steady09 »

20.10.. only ever timed a 3 miler twice so hopefully i can improve, includes a very steep hill that kills me everytime :)

i ran a 4 miler in 27.40 today which i was impressed with as i did the 1st half quite slow as it's my first run in 2 week as i was resting from shin splints, seems to be all good now though
speedy87

Post by speedy87 »

16.12 varied terrain