Share This Page:

PRMC FAIL

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
jonno2006

PRMC FAIL

Post by jonno2006 »

alrite guys,

gutted to tell you all that i failed my PRMC on the 3 miler (which was run in 22mins 30secs) as i didnt stay within the pack but i did finish. i was given the choice by the sergeant major to either withdraw from the course or stick it out. i stuck it out and im glad i did.
i met a great bunch of lads, bar one who claimed he was in the paras 6 years ago but it turned out he only got to week 6 of training. im sure the other mfat guys will tell you more.
i know i failed but if any of you do have any questions then fire away and ill answer them best i can.
finally, very well done to RGJ rifleman and tom_06! im jealous as f*ck but chuffed to bits for you lol.
cheers,

jonno
fro83

Post by fro83 »

jonno its Ant. A part of me wishes i stuck it out but failing the 3miler i felt like an idiot being down there and not running 3 miles. I can have another attempt in 6months im sure if i'll ever have the fittness like some of those lads. Did any of you get that PDRMC?
That guy from the para's had the biggest mouth and was the biggest tit I had ever come across, i hope he failed loudmouth tw@t he was.
Well done for sticking it out, i knew rifleman would pass he seemed a good lad with a good attitude, well done mate.
Application- 13/03/06
Written Test - Passed
Interview - 25/04/06- Passed
Medical - June 27th - Passed
PJFT - 27 july - 10:19
PRMC - 3rd October FAIL next one in 6months
AussieNick

Post by AussieNick »

Think of the positive jonno atleast you know what is expected of you now and u can spend the coming months re-training for PRMC, you are doing another one right?

If they see you back again they're going to think you're dedicated which is always a plus.
Only through hard work are real men made

PJFT: 10.09
PRMC: 24th October

PB 3miler: 20.49
PB 6miler: 44min
PB Pushups: 40 :(
PB sit-ups: 85 in 2min
PB Pull-ups: 9
PB Bleep test: 14.4
jonno2006

Post by jonno2006 »

ant - nah no-one got the DC mate, i was told to come back in 6 months.
that para bloke did fail because of his attitude i think... otherwise i rekon he wouldve passed.

jonno
fro83

Post by fro83 »

what were your scores on gym test 1 jonno?
Application- 13/03/06
Written Test - Passed
Interview - 25/04/06- Passed
Medical - June 27th - Passed
PJFT - 27 july - 10:19
PRMC - 3rd October FAIL next one in 6months
jonno2006

Post by jonno2006 »

aussienick - hell yeh! im going back without a shadow of a doubt! it was the hardest 3 days of my life but some of the best also. bottom feild was probably the toughest for me and gym test 1 the easiest.

jonno
jonno2006

Post by jonno2006 »

ant - i got 46 press ups, 47 sit ups, 5 pulls and a level 8.8 on the bleep test... abysmal i know.

flo - yeh youre right. failing is one big kick in the teeth but i now know what to do for next time.

jonno
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

flo wrote:Stick with it mate, like ive said before to many others use this as a learning curve and remember it preps you for the next time.
Yip, life is about finding out what works and what doesn't - gotta sit back and work out what went right/wrong then go again :wink:
AussieNick

Post by AussieNick »

Awesome Jonno, that sort of dedication is what becoming a RM is all about, i got my PRMC on the 24th, am bricking it but am gonna give it me best.
Only through hard work are real men made

PJFT: 10.09
PRMC: 24th October

PB 3miler: 20.49
PB 6miler: 44min
PB Pushups: 40 :(
PB sit-ups: 85 in 2min
PB Pull-ups: 9
PB Bleep test: 14.4
JoeAllen28

Post by JoeAllen28 »

sorry to hear that jonno, but chin up. i know it must hard but its good that youve got the mental determination to go again, pick yourself up from the low point, and get there again in 6 months.

the PTI told us on my RMAD that all the staff had tremendous respect for those who came back to try again. just think of that.

keep going with the training

joe
Applied: January 06
Phycometric test: 14th Feb 06
Eye Test: 16th Feb 06
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

Unlucky Jonno. Hope you pass next time. Just wondering, what were you're running times prior to PRMC? What was you're 1 and 1/2 mile, 3 mile and 6 mile times?
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

Johnno i know you are going tp pass and im not saying it because im trying to make you feeel better, you stuck it out want to go back, and said its all you want to do, and you worked bloody hard. You are going to make it and if i could i promise id go thorugh it all again with you.

Just wanted to say think your a really great guy, and was very happy to do PRMC with you, and am gutted that im not going to see you in RT but am certain one day that i will see you in either one of 40, 42, or 45 commando.

your prmc buddy

RGJ-Rifleman
Joined the Corps as a recruit in 2007, Still in today :D
tom_06

Post by tom_06 »

yes i repeat what RGJ Rifleman says!!Jonno your top man, it must have taken real guts to keep going knowing you'd already failed.Good luck with everything mate.
Recruit Training: 13th November
jonno2006

Post by jonno2006 »

cheers guys, really do appreciate it!

lodgi - i could do 1.5miles in roughly 10mins and 3miles in 23mins. i have to admit that ive never ran a 6miler.

jonno