Share This Page:

Do I stand a chance being becoming a pilot?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
rink

Do I stand a chance being becoming a pilot?

Post by rink »

I have always been interested in jets, but have never thought about becoming a pilot. I have since begun a university degree, which I am on my third year out of four. Recently I have taken a sudden and acute interest in becoming a pilot in the RAF.
The issues I have is that other than me being more of an enthusiast, I have never been in the cadets or done any flight training, and I did not join the university air squadron not because I wasn't interested, but because I didn't think about becoming a pilot then, and my third year sent me to study abroad for the year. My CV is also lacking in terms of showing many qualities they look for in a person, e.g. team player, being able to organise activities and people etc. I spend all of my free time playing badminton, building computers etc, and use long breaks to go travelling instead of building my CV. I feel like this doesn't mean that I don't have the skills, they just don't show on my CV. There's nothing to say I don't have what they're looking for, I just haven't shown it in what I've done with my life so far as I preferred to spend my time travelling to new places.
On the other hand I believe I would have no problem showing my physical and mental capabilities.

My question is will this lacking of my CV stop me from being accepted on to the RAF pilot training program?
Tab

Re: Do I stand a chance being becoming a pilot?

Post by Tab »

If you meet the educational qualifications required, then put in for it, your traveling and other points of interest will come out during the interview. If you are interested put in for it and the worst that can happen is that they say no thank you, so what have you got to lose.