Share This Page:

RAF driver eyesight requirements

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
StormShadowXI

RAF driver eyesight requirements

Post by StormShadowXI »

I'm assuming this is a heavily asked question but for the life of me, I can't seem to find a specific answer regarding requirements for being a driver in the RAF. I've emailed via the RAF "contact us", part of the website to inquire about the specifics of my visual prowess and I got a response that neither confirms or denies my eligibility. just a link to their "health and fitness eligibility" webpage that gives a rather general answer that to someone like me, doesn't answer anything.

I have -1.00sph -2.50cyl right and -1.25sph -2.00cyl left and i have astigmatism.

i look at the page and it says i can have up to 6 dioptres either way. i honestly don't have much clue what that means and i had a pretty introverted and moody eyesight doctor at the time so i didn't bother asking but I'm curious if any of that makes sense to any of you and if this would be OK to be a driver?
Tab

Re: RAF driver eyesight requirements

Post by Tab »

With their choice of people that are fully fit the RAF can chose just who they want and the fittest ones applying. It is always worth giving it a try as you have nothing to lose.