Share This Page:

Career progression as a Flight Operations Assistant

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
kitbran

Career progression as a Flight Operations Assistant

Post by kitbran »

Hi,

I am a 22 year old female recent graduate who is currently working as a recruitment consultant and needing much more out of my career and lifestyle...
I have always wanted to join the RAF but feel that I am now ready as I have gained confidence and fitness due to participating in a lot of sports, moving away from home, and not getting the job satisfaction I crave from my current role.

I would ideally like to be an Air Traffic Control Officer but unfortunately achieved a C in maths at GCSE so cant do this, (even though I have a degree which was largely based on statistical analysis...wound!!) So I figure the next best thing would be to apply for the role of Flight Operations Assistant, which I know is a current priority hire role for the RAF. I don't mind taking a pay cut from my current job to do this, however I would like to know a little more about the realistic progression within the role from someone who has experience of it, due to the fact I have way more than the 2 G's at GCSE which are the minimum requirements.

If anyone can offer an insight into the role (other than what is on the RAF careers website - trust me Ive read that a LOT!) I am looking for personal views and experiences.

Thanks!
Tab

Re: Career progression as a Flight Operations Assistant

Post by Tab »

Ask the careers Office they should be able to tell just what is what on this
Hyperlithe

Re: Career progression as a Flight Operations Assistant

Post by Hyperlithe »

Why not retake your GCSE?
If that's all that's preventing you from applying for a commission then surely that would be better than joining in a job you don't really want...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours