Share This Page:

Tattoo

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Jcdoran

Tattoo

Post by Jcdoran »

Hi, i am very interested in joining RAF and had a question about the tattoo policy. Would a tattoo of a gun be found offensive? I have a tattoo of a 9mm with a rose behind it. The tattoo represents the duality of man. For instance the reason for the armed forces itself we go to war to create peace.
mike.dt

Re: Tattoo

Post by mike.dt »

Personally, I would say that, that tattoo is not offensive. I think it's unlikely that your recruiter might think otherwise.

Where is the tattoo? If you can't see it when you're fully clothed (long sleeves and trousers) then you should be fine. if you're still concerned about it then just speak to a member of the recruitment team. Hope this helps and good luck :D
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)
lisa123

Post by lisa123 »

Hi, I am too extremely interested in joining the RAF, and Just wondered I have a tattoo on my wrist, its not offensive but I've read on the RAF website and it says:

"RAF personnel are not permitted to have any tattoos that are above the neck collar on the hands wrist or on the ankles so that they are visible in the in the service uniform"

someone I know who is currently in the RAF says that he knows people with full arm tattoos going down to the wrist, and I was wondering do you think my tattoo on my wrist would be ok? its not a huge tattoo and is not offensive.

Thank you Lisa123
soldiergirl

Post by soldiergirl »

hello i am looking on joining the RAF but i have two tattoos on both of my hands on the side. Do you think thats okay or not?
mike.dt

Post by mike.dt »

soldiergirl wrote:hello i am looking on joining the RAF but i have two tattoos on both of my hands on the side. Do you think thats okay or not?

It depends on the recruiter's decision about them. They might make an exception if the tattoos are small and not offensive. The best thing that you can do is just go down there and ask them.
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)