Share This Page:

PGAC Comming up soon!!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
SweetAs

PGAC Comming up soon!!

Post by SweetAs »

Hi,
Is there anyone on here who has recently done their PGAC? Because I know they have changed it since they printed all the booklets and I was just wondering what to expect? Like Day one...Day two... etc. Cheers.

Are the minimum still :-
Level 9.01 on the bleep test
3 miles in less than 24 min (Do they do a big warm up before like the marines do the bottom field?)
15 Press ups
25 Sit-ups

I’ve got my 3 miles down to 24 min (Road running), I can easily do 50 Marine press ups straight after my run and 60 sit-ups so that’s ok and I can swim a mile. So shouldn’t be too bad and still got a couple weeks training to do. Any info about the course whatsoever would be much appreciated

I’ve got mine on the 3rd Nov so if anyone else has give me a shout.

Cheers for the help!!!

Sweet

:lol: :lol:
SweetAs

Post by SweetAs »

Cheers for that mate, many thanks!!!

Does anyone else know about the itinerary( :o ) for the 3 day course, like Day 1.....Day 2....

Cheers for the help

Sweet,

broders120

Post by broders120 »

Arr Bury picked up at 2100 taken to barnham given brief on the next three days and issued kit for the 3 days.

Day 1 = Briefs AM, then Fitness test and swim test, however this can change as required. Also Team bonding excercises which are good laugh. clean block

Day 2 = 3 miler followed by trip to Eduction centre (Try to stay awake) to do some computer type stuff then on to assualt course more briefs as well as trip to stores to get measured up for kit. Clean block and facilities for inspection, prepare kit for handback and pack so kit is ready to go on the bus first thing in the morning

Day 3 = split into groups and rotate round Regt musem trip, Interview/debrief, Footplate assement (strange computer thing to help prevent future recruits getting injured in training). Issued boots if succesful and dep on bus to train station (if old enough part take in celebratory pint in pub over the road).

just an over view of what goes on on pgac, these do change as circumstances change.
SweetAs

Post by SweetAs »

Thanks alot for the info, its alot of help!!!

Time to crack on with the training and get passed out then me thinks!!!

Sweet,

LiamBRO

Post by LiamBRO »

Yo

Basically they changed it all now... im going on the 3rd November Add me msn if ya on tha same one. ( blood_debt@hotmail.co.uk ) It goes like this. (this will be my second time)

Gym:
Bleep Test: 10.9 now (raised)

Press ups: 10 is minimum still but they expect you to beast it...

Sit ups: 25 is minimum, but again, they expect you to beast it...

Quick shower down and into your swim gear - 2 lengths of the pool and tread water for 1 minute..

(sip ya water all morning) DONT HAVE A HUGE FRY UP FOR BREKKY! Your getting told by some1 who done that!

(3 miler warm up is once around the rugby pitch then stretches)

3 miler in 24 minutes: stay within the PTI's and you pass it so.. keep up the front PTI's arse...

NOTE: If the PTI's dont think you put the effort in, you will not be accepted!
SweetAs

Post by SweetAs »

Cheers for that, will add you when I get a chance mate an we can have a chat!!!

The bleep test has gone up to 10.9 has it?? Oh JOY haha!!! Any idea why they upped it?? Best go check I can do that then, shouldnt be a prob :o

Whats the warm up like before the 3 miler??

Cheers,

Sweet

SweetAs

Post by SweetAs »

On my a new letter they have sent me detailing the tests on the course but unlike the old letter they have taken off the minimum req just stated best effort for all. Any ideas on why they did this if they are still using minimum req when you get to the course??

I was wondering if they might have done this so that if someone fails one of the parts of the course but puts the effort in overall they would pass them, or is it just to see how hard you train before you go and its just like a sneeky way of testing how much you want to pass before you get there by seeing how much training you do without being told what you need??

Know what I mean??

Cheers for the help

Sweet,