Share This Page:

Passed Aptitude, Now got Interview

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
mcweasel

Passed Aptitude, Now got Interview

Post by mcweasel »

Hi,
I passed my Aptitude Test last week & I need some help/advice for the Interview next Thursday...
Any hints/tips/bribes would be good! I'm going for the trade of Movements Controller & there doesn't seem to be many people who are going for that from what I've read so far...
Brophy

Post by Brophy »

Learn all you can about the trade you are going for.

I got asked about the trade, the RAF's vision, Current affairs and a few questions on NATO.
Other questions where more about my personal life, hobbies, work, education etc etc.

Wear something smart and be yourself.
If you dont know the answer to something, just say, one thing Ive learnt from these boards and from people who have come out of the interview is dont bluff your way through anything.

:)
AST 31/01/2008 - Passed
Interview - 05/02/2008 - Passed
Medical - TMU till Medical reset 05/02/2009 :(
mcweasel

Post by mcweasel »

Cheers for the info Brophy.
All being well I should sail through... Now to find what's going on currently! I heard there's a war on, is that true??? :lol:
Brophy

Post by Brophy »

Hey Mc
I read the Nato website, Daily Mail site, BBC News site and picked up the free Metro on my way to work in the mornings and just tried to keep on top of things.

In my interview less than 5 minutes was spent on current affairs, they just wanted to make sure I was actually doing home work on the world.

If you can find out something your interviewer doesnt know that stands you in good stead.

Good Luck, let us know how you get on, are you having your medical the same day?
AST 31/01/2008 - Passed
derson

Post by derson »

Back when I applied for the regiment, I was told to swat up on current affairs and such but when it came to the interview, it was all about me, and I only got asked two questions; 1 - What does NATO stand for & 2 - Where I could possibly get posted; I worried too much about nothing.

I would say revise up on things but don't worry about it, the person that interview me was very nice, explained things clearly and generally made me feel right at home.

Shame they took their time to tell me I was debarred from joining lol ah well, that's life I guess.
Brophy

Post by Brophy »

derson wrote: Shame they took their time to tell me I was debarred from joining lol ah well, that's life I guess.
I'm waiting for Cranwell to get back to me on my Medical, they are taking their time about it, driving me nuts now :-?
AST 31/01/2008 - Passed
grantbrown

Post by grantbrown »

Like the rest have said mate they only brush over current affairs and the like and they want to know you know what "NATO" stands for etc, the rest of the interview is spent talking about you school life, work life, hobbies, how long you have done your hobbies and when did you start doing the activities etc, just be yourself mate you'll be fine
Initial Test.....PASSED
Selection Interview.....PASSED
Medical.....PASSED
PGAC......7th April 08
Final Interview..... TBC
TG course...... TBC
Brophy

Post by Brophy »

Nice one on passing your test, good luck for the interview :D
AST 31/01/2008 - Passed
notino

Post by notino »

Hey, are we talking officer role here? I thought that they (apt, interview and medical) were all on the same week (OASC).
cheers.