Share This Page:

after basic training, how much weight and strength was lost.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
lee_5

after basic training, how much weight and strength was lost.

Post by lee_5 »

for anyone else interested in weight lifting, did you lose a lot of strenth after the 9 weeks basic training. were you able to get it back afterwards or was it difficult to do due to trade training.
B_H100

Post by B_H100 »

You will lose weight during basic, but once you get to trade training it chills out a bit and you should be able to go to the gym whenever you have free time. What trade are you doing/thinking of doing?
lee_5

Post by lee_5 »

im hoping to go in as a PTI. i get 7 months trade training after basic which will probabaly involve playing a loit of sports and fitness tests maybe, buy hopefully ill be able to eat alot and hit weights in the evening.
adz3276

Post by adz3276 »

hey lee my mate has finished his first 16 weeks in the marines and instead of losing weight he has gained a stone.

so this tels me you will be fine aslong as you fuel yourself adequatly. id dont eat shit in basic and eat loads.

plus your muscle has whats known as muscle memory. if you do end up losing weight ( muscle) your body will react in a positive way once the inappropriate stimulus ceases and positive training starts again. so i wouldnt worry dude. :D
Want to Join as a PTI

1.5 mile: 10:00
P-UP: 55
S-up: 60

To get to your Impossible you've got to start somewhere.You've got to start with that first big, really important step.
B_H100

Post by B_H100 »

Cosford (where you do your PTI trg), has the biggest gym I have seen. I'm not certain but I think it may be the biggest in the RAF. Loads of weight machines, free weights etc, plus all your cardio equipment. There is also a swimming pool that is open most lunchtimes/evenings.

Couple all that with your PTi course and you should have no problems reaching your goals.

You guys get single man rooms as well, B@%^83&s!
adz3276

Post by adz3276 »

cosford has got top notch facilities the gym itself is spread between a few different rooms and the main courts are massive it fits 3 basketball courts and there is a seperate football and hockey indoor pitch, and there is an outdoor athletics stadium.

the reason for this is its the centre for physical training for the RAF. it makes sense
Want to Join as a PTI

1.5 mile: 10:00
P-UP: 55
S-up: 60

To get to your Impossible you've got to start somewhere.You've got to start with that first big, really important step.