Share This Page:

Holding Officer terms of service.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
rogue0809

Holding Officer terms of service.

Post by rogue0809 »

hi all, i am a v recent graduated flying officer on holding and waiting for my prof training. unfortunately im not happy with my branch choice and havent been for some time for a load of reasons i wont go into (plz dont ask or judge) but im in the process of trying to re-muster into a branch that i am qualified to do and have a passion for.

anyway i know that my chances are quite slim to be honest due to manning etc. if this proves to be unsuccessful and i cant change then i really am considering PVR as i dont want to be doing a job i dont enjoy. i love being an officer in the RAF but i also need to enjoy my job. i wont enjoy my job if i cant change so PVR may be the only option. i hate that fact but its a possibility.

i have obviously completed IOT but not phase 2 training. i also know that once phase 2 is completed i have a return of service of 3 years. i will have a decsion before i start my pro training as to what im doing but im unsure of what will happen with regards to if i choose PVR then do i have a return of service and if so then what? any info for this will be greatly appeciated. any info about PVR before phase 2 training wud be great and any info on re-mustering etc. thanx alot. i hope it doesn't come to that i really do!

regards (sad) rogue :(