Share This Page:

OASC Bleep Test

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
wannabe_rock

OASC Bleep Test

Post by wannabe_rock »

Hi all,

my girlfriend is thinking of applying for intelligence officer but is trying to convince herself that the OASC bleep test is beyond her. I want to reassure her that it is attainable, however I don't have any clue of the required level. Does anybody know what the minimum level required of a 23 year old female is?

Be very gratefull if anyone can answer?
"It is easier and more effective to destroy the enemy's aerial power by destroying his nests and eggs on the ground than to hunt his flying birds in the air." - General Giulio Douhet

Some Of The Best RAF Fighters Operate On The Ground!
kleky

Post by kleky »

so the officer test is different to that of a trade? I just did the 1.5 mile treadmill run.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

I don't know much about the RAF but usually the minimum level's for bleep test's aren't that high and especially as it's only for an Intelligence Officer it shouldn't be that high as fitness isn't going to be the most important thing for that field unlike say Infantry.

Level 10 is usually enough to pass for the Infantry so it's not going to be any higher than that.

In short if she has a good level of fitness she will more than likely be able to pass a bleep test no problem, they're not exactly the hardest things in the world.
Rizzarazzu

Post by Rizzarazzu »

Don't quote me, but it's around about level 6 or 7 for female officers.

This is barely past jogging pace - i think even most ladies would agree with me on that one. However, the test is maximal for officer applicants, so she would be required for as long as she can - the higher the better.
wannabe_rock

Post by wannabe_rock »

Thanks Rizz, I'll let her know. I'm about to take her out for her first run, I downloaded the officers fitness programme from the rafcareers.com site and I'm going to do that with her on top of my training.

Thanks again
"It is easier and more effective to destroy the enemy's aerial power by destroying his nests and eggs on the ground than to hunt his flying birds in the air." - General Giulio Douhet

Some Of The Best RAF Fighters Operate On The Ground!
BlondeLaraCroft

Post by BlondeLaraCroft »

but it's around about level 6 or 7 for female officers.
(Sorry for quoting you :oops: ) was talking to my boyfriend and I think he said it was around level 6 cause he was taking the p*** out of me because we get it easy apparently...
http://www.christ_ive_left_the_iron_on.co.uk/noihavent/yesihave
Pilot999

Post by Pilot999 »

For women aged 18-24 it was level 6 shuttle 3 the last time I looked. I can check again tomorrow to make sure but it's there or thereabouts
BlondeLaraCroft

Post by BlondeLaraCroft »

update from bf - 6. something (talkin to him when he's trying to multitask isn't very useful i'm sorry)
so yeh as long as she's bewteen 6 and 7 standard she'll be fine and the pace isn't that bad round there so she should be fine
http://www.christ_ive_left_the_iron_on.co.uk/noihavent/yesihave
Sheefa

Post by Sheefa »

Yes, the recent schedule stated that you need to achieve level 6.4 IIRC. Go for a Level 9 which is bound to impress and you will be sorted.

Few useful tips for the Bleep test as follows:

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/beepmax.htm
A technique I had learned from my father, who was a very good long distance runner, was to get your breathing under control before you start, to make sure there is plenty of oxygen in the muscles to be able to work properly. I did this by taking big, deep breaths and holding it for a few seconds then slowly releasing it. I did this for about 5 minutes before it started. Another tip I was given was to keep your arms low so that your not using extra energy to hold them up and pump them and it also opens up your diaphragm, which controls your breathing.
http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... light=oasc

Good Luck!!! :)