Share This Page:

qualifacation problem(maybe) for pilot

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
parker

qualifacation problem(maybe) for pilot

Post by parker »

hi, i was reading the RAF website about becoming a pilot and it says about having a a gcse A*-C in maths, my problem is that everytime i do some mock maths exams i just about get a C and wanted to know if i get get just under a C is there still a way that i could join with a grade D in maths

thanks parker
parker

Post by parker »

I can pass it, im just worried about having a bad day for the exam like if i just forget everythin you know, im doing a modular gcse course so if the worst hapens in my final exam do you think they would look at my module grades which are C-B?

thanks parker
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

The qualifications are stated on the website in black and white (well, dark blue and light blue, but you get the picture). I very much doubt there'd be any chance they're accept you without a GCSE in Maths at Grade C. I would get in touch with your AFCO as they've probably had people in your position before so can advise you on the best course of action.
wannabe_bootneck

Post by wannabe_bootneck »

If you've ever had asthma in your life ever as well, forget it.
gr4pilot

Post by gr4pilot »

The stuff you get from OASC both in prep and whilst there say in bold letters that both the academic and medical standards are absoulutely rigid and there is no way round them - with good reason.

Don't worry too much though - I failed English and had to retake but I got selected.

Moral: You can always retake; sure it'll take a year but how much do you want a career as an officer?
Jx ;)