Share This Page:

IOT fitness test

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

I needed it 'cause the treadmills at my gym don't do miles. thought I'd post it. As soon as the rest period for the shin splints is over I'm going running :)
Rizzarazzu

Post by Rizzarazzu »

I stepped off the treadmill last night and my shins felt awful. I'm going to have to give the running up for a few days, i think.

I've ran 2 miles every day this week and played five-a-side football - it think it's the footy that does it, all those sharp turns etc...

Anyway, on a slightly positive note, i phoned OASC this morning with regards to my medical results - they've confirmed that i'm security cleared, i've passed the eye-tests, chest x-ray and blood tests - the Air Commodore (Med) has my ECG results - they're going to push him for the results and i should finally be cleared for service by this time next week.

Happy days !
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Excellent news Rizza - you must be chuffed to bits.

Good luck for training :D

Do you know what they test for in the blood tests btw? just curious
rogue0809

Post by rogue0809 »

hey rizza thats great news buddy! well done. almost the last step before you get to go to cranwell man! wow, you must be excited! and ill hopefully see you soon there myself and ill be buying you that drink!

cheers and well done again buddy

rogue
Rizzarazzu

Post by Rizzarazzu »

Gemma - they test for everything, literally. They can pick up on any fault with all of your major organs through it, all diseases, drug use, alcohol levels, absolutely everything. I read a story of one guy who had to do a retest as they found too much potassium in his blood - he'd eaten too many bananas the day before the test - sounds funny, but it delayed his final confirmation date.

Rogue - thanks, and yes, i will see you for that drink , no worries, but as for having a foot in the door at Cranwell, i've still got some way to go yet - namely 9 weeks at RTS Halton (i'm going for NCA) - but once i finally get there, i'll look you up - you are on May IOT, aren't you ?
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Does anyone know what levels of fitness there'll be across the board at IOT. Will more than half have trained really hard - or will it be a case of most not doing much thinking they can wing it.

I know every IOT is different but there's got to be a general pattern.

Just wondered where I stood in terms of preparation.
Rizzarazzu

Post by Rizzarazzu »

I don't know much about IOT, Gemma, but i think the only way you should look at it is just get as fit as you possibly can - don't fret about it, just work - you can only be as fit as you can get yourself, i suppose.

I've just had the call from Cranwell - the ECG has returned fine - i'm fit, healthy and ready to start training on the 4th Jan.

I'd better start buying some kit !!
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Rizzarazzu wrote:I've just had the call from Cranwell - the ECG has returned fine - i'm fit, healthy and ready to start training on the 4th Jan.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rizzarazzu

Post by Rizzarazzu »

Yes, big smiley faces indeed !

Thanks Gemma.
rogue0809

Post by rogue0809 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
there u go mate some more smily faces for you, well done again and good luck buddy

rogue
mathilda

Post by mathilda »

Excellent news. Have fun! :D
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

If anyone's interested, I've found a copy of the bleep test online. I can't test the link as I'm at work - but here it is:

http://www.defence.gov.au/army/hq8bde/jobs/fitness.htm

EDIT: It's not the same bleep test the RAF does (the guy has an aussie accent - but it'll probably do just as well and it's a 20 metre one which is good)
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the 15 metre bleep test? I know the police website used have it but they've removed it recently.
$amantha

Post by $amantha »

At my RAF presentation I asked about the 1.5 ile run as they didn't mention it and the Officer told me they no longer did it for officer training but non commission ground crew may have to complete the 1.5miles.
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

$amantha wrote:At my RAF presentation I asked about the 1.5 ile run as they didn't mention it and the Officer told me they no longer did it for officer training but non commission ground crew may have to complete the 1.5miles.
They do it at the start of IOT though for streaming purposes.