Share This Page:

Intelligence, Admin and Supply, RAF Officer -Very Important

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
GemmaLS

Intelligence, Admin and Supply, RAF Officer -Very Important

Post by GemmaLS »

Hi Everyone,

There is a discussion on a similar forum concerning 3 branches. People who are applying for Admin, Intel and Supply are being turned away and told that these branches are closed until the financial Year 2007/2008.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthr ... ost3338084

I'm hoping this isn't true as it could be a huge blow for a lot of people. If anyone out there can shed some light on this subject please do.
Biggles1211

Branches

Post by Biggles1211 »

I can confirm that Int, Supply and Admin (Sec) are not open for applications at the moment, but may open at any time. Most likely they will open Christmas - Spring 06.
gr4pilot

Post by gr4pilot »

Hey Biggles, what about my application already in, will Int now be coled to me?
Jx ;)
Biggles1211

Post by Biggles1211 »

If they have your application at OASC already, then you 'should' be fine. If you haven't yet been interviewed at the AFCO, then you may find that they can't accept your application. It'd be worth checking directly with your AFCO either way.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TJD wrote: Oh and the studentroom.co.uk - have had a quick read through some of the posts - and there is some outrageous tosh posted in it - quarters for same sex couples!!!! Blackhawk where did you get that from as it certainly isn't policy.
It's from a joint services publication on housing, I will dig it out a do a word for word quote if you like.

I came across it when applying for a married patch.

I do agree however, that there is a lot of 'tosh' on thestudentroom and it does become quite tiresome and frustrating at times. Maybe a few more people in the know could set a few things straight?

At the end of the day it is a forum and different people will always have different opinions and a different take on things. There are however some gems of information and I've learned a few things from there over the past year from serving personnel.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TJD wrote:Blackhawk - the current policy is that a 'singlie' can apply to occupy a married quarter (SFA), it will be considered by DE(Housing) and only approved if firstly your chain of command agrees and there are surplus quarters. You sign a tenancy agreement and abide by the sole occupant rule. The policy is slightly different to someone who has partial custody of their child.

As for same sex or heterosexual couples who are not married but long time partners, they are not allowed to occupy SFA (under any rules at present) and to be honest it wont happen as it is considered as cost prohibitive.

Finally, yes there actually is some good info posted on the studentroom.com website.
Unfortunatly it wasn't DHE as they were more than happy to give someone a place as it's more money for them! More than a few surplus quarters kicking around nowadays.

You should give a few pennies worth on TSR, it's mostly used by those joining up and there are usually a few unanswered questions floating around.
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

I know a couple who've been in a 3 bedroom bungalow for about 7+ years. They don't have kids either. Although there are rules, sometimes DHE just sticks people wherever there's space.
Biggles1211

Post by Biggles1211 »

As far as I was aware, one of the classy papers printed an article stating that homosexual couples would be entitled to SFA once they were married. As yet, homosexual marriage is not legal in the UK.

Otherwise, personnel can apply for SFA on a surplus basis...but I don't believe anyone else can live in that quarter with you.
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

GemmaLS wrote:I know a couple who've been in a 3 bedroom bungalow for about 7+ years. They don't have kids either. Although there are rules, sometimes DHE just sticks people wherever there's space.
Opps, looks like i ment a gay couple - these 2 are man and wife! But still goes to show that they've been allowed to stay in a quarter they really weren't entitled to.
Anna

Selection Results

Post by Anna »

Hi Guys,

Just to say that after all the rumours flying round these sites about the sift meeting being this week, I phoned my AFCO this morning.........Have been accepted for my 2nd choice, Admin Training, starting IOT in Feb. First choice was Int, and to confirm the situation with that: there is 1 place for the financial year 06-07 and only 4 places for the following year. So I am not too upset that I didnt get the 1 place available for next year!
Best of luck to anyone waiting - call your afco if you are impatient like me! They had the meeting yesterday so you should be able to find out one way or another.

Cheers,
Anna
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Congratulations Anna!

All the best for IOT. Now I know I might be able to find out tomorrow morning, I definitely won't be able to sleep tonight. Plus I start work at 7am and will have to sit at my desk for probably the longest 2 hours of my life!

I'm not counting on my chances of getting in as my scores aren't the most competitive and I've already been reboarded once.

But here's hoping....
Anna

Post by Anna »

Good Luck!!!
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Anna wrote:Good Luck!!!
Thank-you! :D