Share This Page:

IOT Dates

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Anna

IOT Dates

Post by Anna »

Is anybody able to confirm the start dates for the next few IOT courses? And if anyone has familiarisation visits booked for any of them could you possibly let me know the dates of those aswell?

Cheers,
Anna
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Hi Anna,

I don't know exact dates but people are starting the new IOT next month - 28th November springs to mind, I'll check it.

There's one starting February, also April but rumour has it that one might be cancelled, probably not true. My AFCO says that the February one isn't full up yet so if you're successful you might be on it

Gemma
gr4pilot

Post by gr4pilot »

I maybe wrong in this assumption but I don't think they could justify cancelling a course. They run 10 weeks apart specifically so that on weeks 17/18 you play JO's to the week 27/28 Cdts playing SOs in EXs FP/COC
Jx ;)
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

I think you're probably totally correct GR4pilot, it wouldn't work out with timing etc. However so many people get their IOT postponed that I thought it was worth mentioning. But like I said, probably not true.
chrisburden21

IOT Dates

Post by chrisburden21 »

Well being on the first 30 week course, I can tell you it starts, officially, on the 20th November. The next, I think I remember, starts on the 19th February.

As for the Fam. Vists, I had mine 4th-5th of this month, around 30 people on it, there is subsequently 3 more, each having between 23-28 people on. A total of 110 people altogether on our course.

Hope this helps.

CB
Rizzarazzu

Post by Rizzarazzu »

There is an IOT startin gon the 6th January, i know that as one of the guy's i did OASC with said that's when he starts.
chrisburden21

Post by chrisburden21 »

Rizzarazzu wrote:There is an IOT startin gon the 6th January, i know that as one of the guy's i did OASC with said that's when he starts.
Hmm,

I am almost certain that is not the case, as their were a number of Officer Cadets on the Development Flight taking our Familiarization Visit who, for whatever reason, were being recoursed to start No.2 IOTC in February.
Rizzarazzu

Post by Rizzarazzu »

Well, i'm not sure as i'm not going for Officer, but that's definitely what he told me. Perhaps it has been put back. But don't you think that No.2 IOTC would suggest that course is perhaps the second IOTC of 2006 and the 6th Jan. one is the first ?

I don't know how it works so i'm probably wrong.
gr4pilot

Post by gr4pilot »

IOTs have always been numbered by the actual course number rather than which in the year it is. Also the IOTs are set to run 10 weeks apart from each other for combined exercises so with the first being in november there couldn't be one in Jan.
Jx ;)
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

So the rumour I read about the April course on another forum couldn't be true at all then. maybe there's a familiarisation visit on the 6th Jan? Someone could just say that they're "starting" on that date, simply cause that's when the whole process starts?
gr4pilot

Post by gr4pilot »

There could be one in April I suppose, 10 weeks apart and if #2 starts at the begining of feb and #3 at the end of April you could put ten weeks between them.
Jx ;)
chrisburden21

IOT Dates

Post by chrisburden21 »

Right thinking of this logically,

No.1 IOT Start Date 21st November.

We do 4 weeks taking us upto 21st December, then, lucky for us, we have Christmas off.

Christmas Break is 21st December 05 - 2nd January 06

We do 6 more weeks, taking us to 6th February. With 1 weeks leave, before starting the Second Term on 13th February, when alas No.2 starts.

Hope this clears things up,

I would imagine No.3 starts exactly 10 weeks later, start to Middle of May, depending on whether there is Easter Holidays, which I am not sure about.
Last edited by chrisburden21 on Fri 14 Oct, 2005 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gr4pilot

Post by gr4pilot »

now that Chris has cleared that up for us perhapps we can go back to properly revising OASC rather than worrying over dates which in the grand sxheme of things make no difference to us at all. ;)
Jx ;)
mathilda

IOT February

Post by mathilda »

Anna,
The IOT in February starts on Monday 13th and the reporting date is Sunday 12th. The familiarisation visits are available for the following dates: 9-10 January, 11-12 January, 16-17 January or 18- 19 January 2006. As for any other dates, I am afraid I don't have any details for those.
chrisburden21

Post by chrisburden21 »

Yep,

Had to edit my last Reply as I realised I was looking at a 2005 calendar, hmm, going to make a great Officer.

Cheers.