Share This Page:

Is this a good sign?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

This may not seem the most ideal place to put this question but I didn't want to create a new thread for it. On the IOT joining instructions it mentions you need a field washkit that'll last 14 days. I'm assuming that means there's a 2 week camp at some point.

I have absolutely no qualms about being in the field for 2 weeks except for one minor thing. Will we have a chance to shower/throw a bucket of water over ourselves? My hair won't go one day without being washed - I don't think I could stand the itching after 2 whole weeks. I'm trying to grow it long enough so that I can tie it all back out of my face by IOT as that would seem more practical - but I might reconsider now and have it all cut off.

Any suggestions?
rogue0809

Post by rogue0809 »

dont cut it all off gemma! no way! not the precious hair, ladies/girls suit long hair so much better than short i think. im almost certain that we will get the use of showers or something along those lines.

rogue :D
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

thanks for the advice Rogue - wasn't looking forward of the prospect of cutting it off :cry:

I've been growing it for a year and a half now (bad crop that made me look like a 10 year old boy). I don't think I could do that again.
rogue0809

Post by rogue0809 »

yea i know what u mean, one of my friends decided she wanted to get her hair cut to look all smart and military like but when she got it cut it didnt look the best and i also think that they want feminine lookin ladies in the raf, i think! there is no way that they would let u go without washing for 2 weeks, were not s.a.s and with the fact that there are girls involved and girls have certain times when they get quite emotional they will def let u wash at least but prob shower, there will more than likely be a base camp with a permanent building with the facilities for it.

rogue
mathilda

14 day wash kit

Post by mathilda »

Gemma.. don't cut your hair.. much much easier to scrape it back when long and pretend that the grease after 2 weeks is a healthy shine! The only camp I have been on was in the TA and lasted 7 days.. washing 'pits and bits' but nothing that looked like a shower (or a bucket) for the whole 7 days. To be honest I was too tired to worry about my itching head but that shower when I got back into the block was absolute heaven!! :lol: