Share This Page:

Guins and why I love them

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
sittingstress

Post by sittingstress »

D_A, the unexpected recruiting brief was totally expected as the bloke giving it works in the same place as me!

PAYD Top Tables grrrrrrrrrrr completely smashed the ethos of the Mess I believe. The format is thus:

Only allowed 2 hrs for function. Startex 1900 and MUST be cleared and away by 2100. The food is from the core menu ie, off the servery. Wine glasses are not re-filled individually but only when all of the top table's glasses are empty and then as a complete "Wine Service". I have been assured by mess staff that equals 1 glass with starter and 2 with meal then that is it. All the bottles are placed to one side as they become empty (inc port) and as the speech (singular owing to time!!!!) is made the cost is totted up and allocated accordingly. The cash MUST be handed over there and then and it is NOT allowed to be placed on the mess bill. I find this appalling. For the majority of the course this is supposed to be the introduction to the mess they have aspired to for many years. I am lucky and have been a mess member (SPAR post) for 4 years so am not really missing out.

Regards

ss

PS I got angry just reading this post!
Per Ardua
sittingstress

Post by sittingstress »

TJD, please feel free to raise this issue with him. I am not a fan of PAYD in its current form. The reasons for my opinion are long and varied ranging from the standard of the food to the manner in which the overall service is deployed.

Please see your PM

Regards

ss

PS Bring back service chefs PLEASE!!!!
Per Ardua
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

i have one TJD
being just a naive 16 year old with little to no knowledge of the RAF i am curious to know what this PAYD debacle is and how it differs to the previous system of messing if you would be kind enough to fill me in (but mind the face :wink: would be greatly appreciated :) w/w.w
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
rockapemk1

Post by rockapemk1 »

See the link for the MOD's release on PAYD

http://www.mod.uk/issues/payd/index/a_s ... _payd.htm/
Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate »

The portions for core meals are so scrouge like it should be Pay As You Diet