Share This Page:

RT date

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
chrispob

Post by chrispob »

oh my god you lot need to chill out and :D

like i asked before, surely the raf cant have taken all your soh and banter and stashed it in a military safe house, could they??

i hope i do meet you lot to put the record straight, you got me all wrong, it must be my nothern crack you dont get!!
Aye!!
splitter

Post by splitter »

None of us mind having a crack with our peers and banter is part of being in the RAF. But you are not one of our peers you are the FNG. If you turn up at your first unit as a LAC with that sort of attitute, you are going to be a very unhappy lad.

The best advice I can give you is to turn up , sit quietly in the corner until spoken to and do all the crap jobs that will be given to you without moaning.

Also don't turn up thinking you know everything, cos you've passed your fairy training, you will not begin to learn anything until you actually start working on aircraft.

I've met loads of blokes who turn up thinking they are something special, and it really doesn't take long to put then straight.
aes69

Post by aes69 »

Your Northern crack??? With that attitude fella that's exactly what you'd get, a good crack round the chops! Half the folk on here are from the north, and in the northern city I come from you certainly wouldn't get away with it!
shifty

Post by shifty »

I passed out of Halton a few weeks back now and i'll tell you what most people have told you. Look at your your attitude before you start GDT with the rocks (providing you get that far) as they don't take any cockyness or sh*t.

Enough Said on that

Good Luck anyway. It is hard no matter what anyone else tells you, just do as you're told and give 100% in everything.

Oh and it pays to be a winner (remember that for aggression day)