Share This Page:

Training stories

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
henrybradley1

Training stories

Post by henrybradley1 »

Hello all on the forum,

My name is Henry Bradley and I have just joined, however I do not have any connections to the Service in any way - I hope this is ok for me to post here, and that it is ok to set up a topic with my reason for joining the forum here.

Anyway, with that aside, I have joined for a specific reason. I am a filmmaker currently studying at the Centre for Research Architecture at Goldsmiths University in London. (Please see link)

http://www.gold.ac.uk/architecture/

For my MA dissertation project I am producing a series of films that examine various modes of training, exercise, and preparation within contemporary British society. This films have been born out of a period of research of about a year and a half now. And I write on here because I have long been interested in the ways in which Army training has worked across its different modes, from basic training to new media being introduced nowadays.

Simply put, as I do not want to over complicate it - I am writing on here to ask if people would be willing to share their training stories for part of a film? I would say more about the level of detail needed but I think that each person I speak to will have vastly different stories and approaches so I will leave it very open for now and it would be great to talk about things like that on a more personal level.

If this seems like something you are willing to do, know someone who is willing to do it, or just want more information, then please contact me on:

henry_bradley@hotmail.co.uk

Or, alternatively, maybe you could point me in the right direction for proceeding with this project? For example, is it worthwhile contacting the Army Media Press directly?

Again, I hope this is ok to ask, and that it doesn't change any of the personal nature of the forum.

All the best and I look forward to hearing from some of you hopefully,

Henry