Share This Page:

Disgrace

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
got1

Disgrace

Post by got1 »

Not from me but if it's true it's a bloody disgrace.

Colleagues of Sappers Patrick Azimkar, 21, and Mark Quinsey, 23, who were shot dead eight days ago in N Ireland , wanted to hold a special "ramp service" on board a RAF Hercules aircraft as final farewell to the dead soldiers.

But the Ministry of Defence refused to allow the service to take place after claiming the soldiers were not killed on duty.

The coffins of the dead soldiers were placed in two hermetically-sealed steel containers, covered with bubble-wrap and place in the hold of a civilian aircraft along the with passengers' luggage on Friday evening,

The bodies of the soldiers Murdered in Northern Ireland were flown home without ceremony. This has angered members of HM Forces: "British troops have spoken of their anger following the disclosure that the bodies of the two soldiers murdered by dissident republicans were shipped back to the UK as freight."

"We have been told that the soldiers were not allowed to have a ramp service because of political reasons. We were told the Government didn't want anything that would look like the Troubles had restarted.

"As far as we are concerned these soldiers were shot dead in uniform by terrorists and they should be treated in exactly the same way as if they were killed in Afghanistan. To send their bodies back to the UK as freight is outrageous."

When a person joins any branch of HM Forces they are effectively on duty 24/7/365.

The Government are asked to review the crass rules that allowed this to happen.

The Government are further requested to amend the rules on Ramp Ceremonies

I don't often forward stuff on, but in this case I felt I couldn't not forward it on. It's an absolute disgrace.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Soldiers-on-Duty/
tom163

Post by tom163 »

I am utterly discrased, that has made me very mad. This country and there politics can take a f@#k hike and give these young soldiers a proper send off. :bad-words: :bad-words:
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

im the most patriotic person, or should say was. this country has become a f*cking disgrace and needs to sort out its priorities. no wonder my mates have all f*cked off to new zealand and im actually considering it. f*cking disgaracefull.
'Every man an Emperor'
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

I didn't know this has happened and I'm stunned.

The Government can get out their flags, support troops returning in Colchester, the tabloids love it - the bottom line, clearly shown, is that they do not give a shit.

If that was my husband and he was sent home as hold luggage I would just be devestated. How disrespectul can our Government be to our own. Sickening, shocking, and absolutely heartbreaking for the family and friends of these men.
Waiting for my rocket to come.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Signed.
No more to say except BASTARD CHEAPSKATE GOVERNMENT :evil:
Tab

Post by Tab »

Ever considered the hundreds of Service men and women that are buried in Wayne's Keep in Cyprus which you can't even visit because it is in the Buffer Zone. They never got a chance of being brought home freight or other wise but are now just left their neglected
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

Signed - and the original entry sent to the Sun - with my signature

:evil:

Good call -
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Green Man

Post by Green Man »

One of the reasons I moved to Canada! It's got even worse since then. Much worse!