Share This Page:

Do you post on a computer or a mobile phone?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?

I post using a......

Computer
94%
Mobile phone
No votes
PDA
No votes
Total lack of interest in spelling and capitalisation
6%

Total votes: 31

Tartan_Terrier

Do you post on a computer or a mobile phone?

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

I've been curious as to if you all post using your mobile phones or computers (mainly due to the conspicuous lack of capital letters in some of the posts on this site).

Regards
T_T
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

I post on a computer, either at home or school. Doing two English A2 Levels, I naturally take great pride in my spelling! :D

Posting using WAP on a mobile would be too expensive for me (WAP on pay and go that is, no idea what WAP rates are in you are on contract) although I would like to try it out.

But asking if you use a mobile to post is slighlty ambiguous. There are always retorcial questions such as "Are you using your Nokia to write this?" or such lines like, "This isn't your Nokia" (Wholley! :wink: ) "Don't use text language on this site" etc.

Maybe I'm reading into this too deep! :lol:

David
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

No, it was actually a serious question. I have tried posting using my mobile and found it a total pain, so I thought that perhaps that was why so many posts on here look like someone threw a tin of alphabetti spaghetti at the screen.
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

My phones too cheep and useless to have WAP or any other gizmos on there (it cost me 20 quid new!), it text calls and has a staggering 6 different ring tones!

Don't see the point in a phone that takes pictures/e-mails/plays Mozart or tames monkeys etc the more crap there is on the more that can go wrong.

I know, I’m boring sod!

As for spelling, I’ve always done my best to get as close to perfect as I can, although admittedly I do struggle with it :lol: and hate (only because I’m incapable of understanding or using it) Text speak even on phones.

Only takes a few seconds to whip it though the spell checker

Stokey

P.S. All the best for the new year!
marmaduke80

Post by marmaduke80 »

i did post on my nintendo ds once :lol:
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

You lot still paid more than me... I found mine, along with £10, a grocery shopping list & a pack of chewing gum. So having a phone put me £10.35 up, hehe.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

I got two old tins and some string for 30p. It's useless for texting though......
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Mine was free! (Sent by mistake after I cancelled the order... ;))

Managed to get a free CD writer once by that method. :lol:
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

I tried MFAT on my phone's WAP and was not only suprised to see that it worked but also that it didn't take long to load. I won't use my phone for it much though, using a computer is far easier.

My old phone was a basic Nokia, no camera, no WAP and a few rigtones but it did have FM radio. (had this up until Christmas). I have to admit, there is something refreshing about having a basic phone that just calls, rings and texts. After all, thats what they were made for.

David
Mr_Kiwi

Post by Mr_Kiwi »

davidemmerson wrote: have to admit, there is something refreshing about having a basic phone that just calls, rings and texts. After all, thats what they were made for.

David
As long as you dont use that methodology for cars, I mean a Reliant Robin will get you from A-B but I would prefer to do so in an Aston Martin DB9S :D
'Peace is to important to be left to politicians'
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

:lol: Fair one! Even though I'm not massivley into cars, I won't apply that methology when the day comes to buy one!
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Mr_Kiwi wrote:
davidemmerson wrote: have to admit, there is something refreshing about having a basic phone that just calls, rings and texts. After all, thats what they were made for.

David
As long as you dont use that methodology for cars, I mean a Reliant Robin will get you from A-B but I would prefer to do so in an Aston Martin DB9S :D
Come on! Reliant Robins are the dogs! Just get Trotters independent traders (TITS) on the side, rename your self del boy and slap on a flat cap :lol:

Now there is the epitome of cool 8) keep your DB9 James bond malarkey :P

Stokey
Mr_Kiwi

Post by Mr_Kiwi »

Actually I saw a Robin just the other day, painted bright Ferrari red, with racing stripes down the side, a body kit, tinted windows a spoiler and a big bore exhaust. I'll try and find the picture I took (on my phone :P ) of it at some point in time.
'Peace is to important to be left to politicians'
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

I preferred this thread when it was funny and slightly sarcastic. :(
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

:P It's all about the person who voted for this:

'Total lack of interest in spelling and capitalisation'

Who was that?
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."