Share This Page:

Fave TV comedy???

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
mfat_man

Fave TV comedy???

Post by mfat_man »

OK guys R/R time!

What is your fave TV comedy.... Mine would have to be

The office

Young ones

Bottom

Watching Bottom at the moment 8) but also like peep show, extras and just bought max and paddys road to nowhere... alan patridge also make me laugh... so come what is you fave and why?

John
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apprentice - as it makes me wonder how British industry survives with so many nobs in the mix, also makes me laugh, yell and cringe.

Office - Yep I'll second that one, farking brills (as is extras)

Dads Army - as it makes me laugh no matter how many repeats Ive seen.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Doc wrote:Apprentice - as it makes me wonder how British industry survives with so many nobs in the mix, also makes me laugh, yell and cringe.

Office - Yep I'll second that one, farking brills (as is extras)

Dads Army - as it makes me laugh no matter how many repeats Ive seen.
Yeah Doc, agreed. From the look of the apprecite there are few serious candidates and they have gone for entertainment value rather than anything serious this time - Dad's army a classic :)
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Think I mean APPRENTICE :oops:

Back of the class young pongo!!
james_m

Post by james_m »

Have to agree mfat, Bottom is a superb show. My parents first let me watch it when I was about 6 and I have loved it ever since. Went and saw the live show at the Apollo theatre a few years ago! Brilliant!!

Second would be The Office and in third place probably Only Fools and Horses!

Cheers
James
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

james_m wrote:Have to agree mfat, Bottom is a superb show. My parents first let me watch it when I was about 6 and I have loved it ever since. Went and saw the live show at the Apollo theatre a few years ago! Brilliant!!

Second would be The Office and in third place probably Only Fools and Horses!

Cheers
James
Cheers James. Never forgot watching the first time around of the young ones, the bit where his head gets chopped on on the train.... laughed me *its off. Bottom is so gim it's funnny too 8)
james_m

Post by james_m »

I was never really into the Young Ones, I always preferred Bottom. I remember some classic Bottom shows when they camped on Wimbledon common and the streaker got his bollocks caught in the tent. Also the Christmas special when they made the Sprouts and Spud Gun and Dave Hedgehog also ate them and they were all knocked out and farting flames!! :lol: :lol:

Also the Halloween special I remember quite well...when Richie had the electric shock gun that just ended up with him sh*tting himself every time. :lol: :lol:

Never been able to take Rik Mayall or Adrian Edmonson seriously in anything else they have done since then!

Cheers
James
pablo

Post by pablo »

I love every one mentioned in this thread. Pure class.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Ideal with Johnny Vegas is funny as fark, and I'll second Dads Army as well as Porridge, Im Alan Partridge.
pablo

Post by pablo »

Alan Partridge was genious. Especially the later series where he lost his show.

Johnny Vegas was great on "TV Heaven, Telly Hell" the other night.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

OK,
I'll join in.

Absolutely Fabulous.

Little Britain.

My Family.

Monty Pythons Flying Circuss......

The 1948 Show.

Fawlty Towers(John was married to an American once)

Mad TV.

Married,With Children.

Red Dwarf(Well all the ones I can understand)

The Young Ones.

Only Fools and Horses.

As Time Goes By.

Black Adder.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Johny Carson.

Early Dick Van Dyke.

Sgt.Bilko.

Anything by the reporters from ABC.NBC or CBS

Enough yet?

Wholley.

Have to say I thought"The Office"Was crap.
Cannot Identify why,It just wasn't funny.
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

Only fools and horses comes top top top. Followed by my family and third place has to go to porridge.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Black Books, Dylan Moran & Bill Bailey are each genius-level funny, and you get both in one show.
CUSTOMER: You know, I'm probably getting a lot of secondary smoke from you.
BERNARD: What? Oh, don't worry about it. Buy me a drink sometime.
CUSTOMER: Look... there's no other way to say this, but I didn't come in here to be insulted.
BERNARD: Well, I didn't ask for the job of insulting you. You know, in another life, maybe we could have been brothers, running a small, quirky taverna in Sicily. Maybe we would have married the local twins, instead of wasting each other's time here in this dump. But, it was not to be. So... hop it.
BERNARD: It's all rubbish! Nobody is prepared to admit that wine doesn't have a taste.
MANNY: Of course you can't taste anything, you smoke eighty bajillion cigarettes a day. What's that you're eating?
BERNARD: It's some sort of delicious biscuit.
MANNY: It's a coaster!
AlexMann

Post by AlexMann »

Scrubs - the first comedy that new it was funny so didn't bother with irritating stupid canned laughter.

Spaced - brilliant brit comedy and they stopped after 2 series which left you craving more, rather then wondering why they bothered making series 9, 10 and 11.

Me - Because if you can't laugh at yourself who can!
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

1: still game (2 old scottish farts that are still game for anything)
2: the office
3: phoenix nights