Share This Page:

What to you listen to while running / training?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Sarastro

What to you listen to while running / training?

Post by Sarastro »

Sure I saw a thread on this a while back, but search couldn't find it. Just been putting together a new mp3 collection for running, and was wondering what everyone else listened to while training? Never know, might pick up some ideas :D

Mine are, in no particular order...for running:

Sinnerman (Nina Simone)
Welcome to the Jungle (Guns'n'Roses)
Spybreak! (Propellerheads)
History Repeating (Propellerheads)
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (Propellerheads)
Green Onions (Booker T and the MG's)
Long Tall Sally (Little Richard)
Little Green Bag (George Baker)
Paint it Black (GOB cover, whoever they are)
Who is Tyler Durden (Dust Brothers)
Fight Club (Dust Brothers)
#1 Crush (Garbage)
Barracuda (Heart)
Mother (Danzig)
Local God (by, er, can't remember...not great tbh, just first music I ever went running with eons ago)
Slow Ride (Foghat)
Smokin (Boston)
I Had a Dream (Butthole Surfers)

...and when doing circuits I tend to play various classical things very, very loud, big Russian symphonies n stuff. Works wonders.
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Tried listening to music - but it puts me off and stops me wandering off to the 'zone'.
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

gabrielle - dreams can prove a good choice
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

Feeder- Just a day
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

I used to listen to music but the earphones were annoying whilst i was running, so im sticking to humming :)
JWT

Post by JWT »

Me Brain, I listen to me Brain asking me "What the Fake do I think I’m doin at my age". :roll: I SWITCH OFF, slam another 20lb on and think "Heinz Baked Beans" and Still Looking GOOD :roll: Well at 57 your allowed to BULLSHIT its Part and Parcel.
One of the Kids bought me a IPOD for Birthday, I loaded it up with Bonnie Tyler, Cher, Cyindi Lauper, Kim Carnes, Kim Wilde, Tina Turner, Rough, Loud and Ready. If these LADIES don’t give you INSPERATION there’s NOTHING out there that will. :wink:

JWT.

No ARTIST, Lt/Col's GRONKS do NOTHING FOR ME. :roll:
Artist

Post by Artist »

Picky Bassa that you are JWT! :D

Whenever I was speed marching Oie just listened to Birds n Bees. O and the bugger who would keep on shouting "Pick up the pace you lazy Sods!"

Now Oie don't run, dont play sports, don't do ought really. I have to use a Stick when walking as me bodies falling to bits! :D

Artist
JWT

Post by JWT »

Brake into SLOW TIME, SLOW MARCH, Number 4 in the rear rank, EVENS get that STICK IN STEP. :wink:

It must be Terrible to reach your age Steve and realise that your just FALLING APART. Altogether now Lads, for the OLD UN, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Your goin RUSTY Mucker, to many trips INTO the Canal. :cry:

JWT :wink:

Break into DOUBLE TIME, DOUBLE MARCH, Evens, Pick that ZIMMER FRAME up and RUN YOU BASSSSSSSSARD. catch up to YOUNG JWT. :wink:
Artist

Post by Artist »

Only been in 6 times this year Oppo. Twas 18 last year!!

"Evans is that your stick creaking?"

"No Sah! tis me back Sah!"

"Well get it oiled or summut then"

"Very good Sah! Pussers or beer Sah!?!"

"Just go far far away Evans................ Please!"

"Aye Aye Sah!"

Artist
Rev

Post by Rev »

I usually just listen to my own ragged breathing/panting :oops:
dalo

Post by dalo »

letsrole wrote:Feeder- Just a day
Brilliant.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I tend to listen to people shouting 'knees up lad', 'who you running from scouser?', and after a while myslef shouting 'f@#k' repeatedly to keep myslef going. Overwise the sound of the waves are good enough for me. Wales is a great place to go running.

Tried once to run with a minidisk player, but it was too bulky and couldnt be arsed with it a second time around. Would have been something like the streets or chilli peppers playing I suppose.
dalo

Post by dalo »

I dont listen to anything, i dont have an mp3 etc, and i just got a mobile for the first time in a long time, im a man of the wilderness i suppose. My mate used to listen to Muse, but he said after a while it was just like a shit noise in his ear.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Surprised so few use music! Myself, got a cheap-as-chips mp3 thing given away as a freebie, weighs about the same as a couple of pound coins, get some decent earphones and it's like having a ghost whisper in your head.

If you can get those basics right, I find there's nothing like running to a beat to keep you going (...and interested, let's face it, one foot in front of the other isn't the most interesting hobby on the planet). Sometimes, with a bit of Sinnerman or a Propellerheads track, it's even hard to stop!

Maybe it's just the muso in me...
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

[quote="Sarastro"]Surprised so few use music! Myself, got a cheap-as-chips mp3 thing given away as a freebie, weighs about the same as a couple of pound coins, get some decent earphones and it's like having a ghost whisper in your head.

[quote]

I'd love to use an MP3 player on easy runs, true it does get boring, hence why I avoid the treadmill like the plague. I don't know how Joy Division would fare as good running music though, have to try "Eye of the Tiger" lol!