Share This Page:

Volunteer reserve long service medal???

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
big jar of wasps

Volunteer reserve long service medal???

Post by big jar of wasps »

Hi,
I`ve been told about the existance of a VLSRM, or something along those lines, I can find nothing on the net about it. Has anyone heard of it, what does it look like, and whats the criteria for it?
BJOW.
barrybudden

Post by barrybudden »

Probably something along the lines of the regular army long service medal which you get after 15 years if you have been good. There is one for the UDR/Part time R. Irish called the Ulster Defence Medal. Its given after 15 years service but you have to have got your bounty every year to qualify for it, ie all mandatory training completed every year.
big jar of wasps

That would seem to make sense, otherwise you`d have all the world and his dog aplying for a medal 10 to 15 years after leaving the forces. I assume that you must have to have some sort of regular commitment, in order to qualify. I think i`m right in saying that you can only been called up once every two years (soon to be extended to 5 years) anyway, so that being the case, if you did 5 tours (6 month tours) you`d be able to claim it.
Hantslad

Post by Hantslad »

The Volunteer Reserve Service Medal was introduced as a tri service replacement for all the various Reservist long service awards that were in existance before. It is awarded for 10 years service in the Volunteer Reserve Forces, during which you have to qualify for bounty in 9 of those years.
big jar of wasps

Cheers Hants. Theres another to work for!!!! My Police LSGC is some way off, about 18 years to be exact, ho,ho,ho.