Share This Page:

Support our petition for the famour red arrows flying team

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
lightload

Support our petition for the famour red arrows flying team

Post by lightload »

The Red Arrows have been banned from displaying at the 2012 Olympics - support the Red arrows and sign our petition on tradingmanchester.co.uk

The Red Arrows, the UK's most famous flying team have been told they are not invited to perform at the 2012 UK Olympics and people are in uproar over this.

We would like people from all over the world to support our petition to get the Olympic Committee to change their mind and with your help we can do this.

We would like you to go and sign our petition and leave a comment about why they should be invited and we will then send this onto the Olympic committee with all the comments that we are collecting and will also send this onto Gordon Brown The Uk PM.

Many thanks for your suppport.
www.tradingmanchester.co.uk for all your news and events
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

You spel it rite and eye`ll support it :wink:

I love the darts team really 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

This is the first I have heard of this.
I would have thought that the Olympic Committee would have loved the Red Arrows to fly.

Can you please confirm your source, that they have been banned?

I for one do not believe it.

Sneaky
Former RM of 23 years.
harry hackedoff

Been mentioned elsewhere Sneaks :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
_chris

Post by _chris »

But refuted here
Red Arrows at the 2012 Olympics
The Sun newspaper reports that the Red Arrows have been banned from flying at the 2012 London Olympics because they are too British. The Red Arrows haven't had any discussions about what they will be doing in 2012 yet, they are still planning what they will be doing in 2008.
www.blogs.mod.uk
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

Ah The Sun!!

Might have known it would be those sensationalist lying tossers writing that dross. Any actually reliable source backing that up?
rach7

Post by rach7 »

Haha i love the way that alot of people are so supportive of this very typical sometimes exagerative tabloid newspaper
"jump through the loops" as said by my dad haha
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

Rant on rach, I could rant about that rag for a while. I'd probably fill this text box up though.
rach7

Post by rach7 »

Haha, since i first applied for the RAF and they encouraged us to stop reading typical newspapers such as the sun and more encouraging non political newspapers such as the independent i do have to laugh when i see the likes of the sun and see the way that they just make up news that people want to hear "jordan and peter.... split" who gives a **** honestly this may just be me being stuck up or whatever but sometimes people care more about the size of jordans boobs rather than what is happening in the world. Is this just me being too serious cause part of me does think i am?!
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

Well, rags like that report on the size of jordan's boobs because they believe it has a place in the world. Ill admit it does have a place as you cant deny that they are not in the publics interest, however small the minority that care may be.

What I hate is the quite blatent 'sexing up' (for want of the better word) of news to get a reaction.

Its a vague point I make there but there are many levels of it. You are much better off reading the independent, the times or maybe..maybe the daily mail (although they do paint a rather miserable image of the world)
rach7

Post by rach7 »

See the daily mail is sort of in the same class as the sun though... or i find anyway?! the independent is a good read it does contain alot of really interesting stories!
rach7

Post by rach7 »

See the daily mail is sort of in the same class as the sun though... or i find anyway?! the independent is a good read it does contain alot of really interesting stories!
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

I'd say the Mail leans to a different area of journalism, not being a traditional 'Red Top' i.e. the s*n, star, mirror.

Not sure what others regard the mail as.
SO19

Post by SO19 »

and more encouraging non political newspapers such as the independent
Oh yes, that fine 'non-political' newspaper, the Independent, the one that just happens to have the left-wing, liberal agenda. :roll: You have to be joking, right?
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
harry hackedoff

Telegraph man, meself.
I hate the Sun, as do most on Merseyside.
We remember.