Share This Page:

How cold is this guy?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
GreyWing

How cold is this guy?

Post by GreyWing »

Richard Attenborough of the American forces,

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=073e598f12

The desription says "no innoncents were killed in this bombing. :drinking:
BigStevie

Post by BigStevie »

Translation: "No-one we give a sh1t about was killed in this bombing. Maybe. Who cares."
GreyWing

Post by GreyWing »

Stevie.. not having a go at him, I'm just pointing out the naivety of the person that wrote the description.

If they harbour fighters in there community, they know what's coming and in my view, not enough of it's going on. One person fires a shot, flatten the whole entire village and the next 2 as an extra warning.
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

second that
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Yeah, that's a good call.

While we're at it, why not open up the ROE in hostage situations too, I mean, they did allow themselves to be taken hostage, f@#k em.

Really not much point in ROE in other circumstances either, if anyone is going to stick around in the middle of a firefight, they're probably guilty of something, take em out.

Actually, why not just nuke the country for allowing insurgents in the first place, only way to be sure.

...and, really, when you think about it, those 7/7 bombers came from Britain, didn't they! We'd better bomb ourselves pretty sharpish in case any more UK citizens try to do it for us!

Morons.
GreyWing

Post by GreyWing »

"morons" no need to get personal with people that disagree with your way of thinking sarastro.

This method worked for Saddam, how many more assassination attempts were attempted after he flattened that whole village in 1982?

exactly
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Yeees, except:

1. Saddam's objective: kill people and make them fear him.

2. Our objective: keep people alive and make them like us.

You see the difference? I'd expect this kind of shite from half-trained US soldiers in a bloated military which is only just barely waking up to the reality that the way we fight has radically changed, but if you are on this site then I'm guessing your interest is in the British military, where thankfully 'your way of thinking' would get your bollocks stamped on pretty damn sharpish, because they are smart enough to realise that trigger-happy w@#k shooting off their weapons as 'an extra warning' just piss off the entire population of whatever country you happen to be in, and make every British soldier there that much less safe. 'Morons' wasn't an opinion, it was a statement of fact.

Might I also point out re: 'This method worked for Saddam', where is Saddam now?

Exactly.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Heyup Sarastro, where`ve you been hiding these last few months :-?
Good to have you back :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
GreyWing

Post by GreyWing »

"Our objective, keep people alive and make them like us", welcome to trisha,

Nothing at all to do with the black liquid stuff that comes from the ground then.

Saddam's objectives were control and order, which they got. As for "where is Saddam now", Saddam's internal politics worked well and the fact he wasn't overthrown by his own people proves exactly my point. He was overthrown by people he didn't control via this method and therefore you can't criticize this method for not working.

British and American forces shouldn't be there 4 years on to be less safe,

Often it's people that fail to articulate or properly explain themselves with facts that turn factual arguments to personal ones, so it's not very helpful to continue to blurt out words like "Morons" to people who are only here to discuss issues.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Thank you Harry!

Moved into a new place, and BT managed to set a new record of incompetence by not managing to install an effing phone line for 5 months, so been without the internet.

Back now. Bad luck :wink:
BigStevie

Post by BigStevie »

GW, I can see your point from a tactical survival viewpoint - my objection with the tone of the commentary was the 'revenge of God' message, that implies that 'we are better than you - your life is forfeit'.

If I had lost friends among the many US soldiers killed in Iraq, I dare say I would be coldly ruthless and innured to the suffering of the population - but in my heart I find it hard to condone allowing one's feelings to become so hard that the deaths of many civpop causes no impact at all, to achieve the pos killing of insurgents that MAY be among them.

They are people caught up in a war they did not ask for, which promised so much but has delivered little in their own lives. The games being played at all levels in Iraq may benefit many but not the people that the War was supposed to be for - the Iraqis themselves. They have become living Fig 11 targets.

I do not condone the insurgents and their murderous acts - if they give it they should expect it back in buckets - but I cannot accept a blanket free-fire policy on the whole nation.

Train their army and security police, leave an advisor presence and get the rest of the troops out - anything of value belongs to the US now anyway, which they can secure with their own private armies.
GreyWing

Post by GreyWing »

Your spot on Stevie,

I wasn't judging the soldier in question, only pointing it out to others to have a look on.

I'm glad you can't accept a blanket free fire policy, hopefully no one on here seriously could. My main aim with what I was saying is, that we should be 100% in or 100% out and not the crap that's happening at the minute. But only 100% something is going to work.
BigStevie

Post by BigStevie »

You're right - but the only time you can get 'total commitment' from a politician is when they are committed to rubber cells....

Good thread though GW, cheers.