Published: 15th February 2012
:: Warfare Magazine ::
Who are Warfare
Warfare is a free, interactive, online magazine which was launched in May 2011 by Wharncliffe History Magazines, a branch of Script Media Group Ltd.
Published every other month, each issue contains articles on major historical events, anniversaries and areas of historical interest along with current news and events. Warfare is presented in a modern readable style loaded with videos, animated content and interactive adverts. Our carbon neutral magazine is distributed world wide and can be viewed online or downloaded - all free of charge.
Articles cover military, aviation, maritime, family and general history, and includes new book, game, film and model releases and reviews as well as competitions, give-aways and reader offers.
Wharncliffe History Magazines is a leading independent publisher of specialist trade magazines, books and consumer magazines based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Part of the Acredula Group, Wharncliffe History Magazines publishes market leading products in niche markets across the UK and Ireland.
We aim to provide a free, information rich publication relevant to people with an interest in military, aviation, maritime, family and general history as well as modelling and wargaming. We hope to create awareness of not only historical campaigns and events but of modern day conflicts and also of the work that many military charities carry out, often on a voluntery basis. We hope to entertain and inspire our readers by offering a magazine different from any other available.
Included in this Issue:
Subscribe for Free or Sign In to read this issue.
- Spion Kop - Lewis Childs recounts the events of the ill-fated attack on Spion Kop in January 1900.
- Medal News - Philip Mussell explains the clasps authorized for wear on the Queen's South Africa Medal.
- Walking the Somme - Paul Reed presents a walking tour of Beaumont- Hamel, with a 1916 map of the Somme battlefields.
- Author Spotlight on...Paul Reed - Historian Paul Reed shares battlefield touring tips.
- A spotlight on the work of the charity Troop Aid.
- Lockheed F-104 Starfighter. - Colour profiles of a notorious aircraft.
- Setting the Scene - A look at the work of Battle Scene Productions.
- A Nation in Conflict: 1461 - John Sadler narrates the events of the Battle of Towton.
- A look at the work of the Richard III Foundation.
- Signed First World War books and DVDs to be won.